A number of notable industry leaders who contributed to the IPSR-I touch upon key findings such as the potential of PICs to shape the future for a better society and how the IPSR-I contributes towards this. Our goal is to provide a better understanding of the opportunities that lay ahead of us with this technology and what is needed to achieve mass-adoption on a global scale.
- Lionel Kimerling, Thomas Lord Professor of Materials Science & Engineering, MIT
- Prof. Ton Backx, Eindhoven University of Technology
- Akira Okada, Vice president, Head of NTT Device Technology Labs
- Rob Stone, Technical Sourcing Manager, Facebook
- Eamonn Murphy, Engineering Directorate, European Space Agency
- Cees Ronda, Research Fellow, Senior Director at Royal Philips
Presenter: Dick Otte (Promex)
This webinar addresses the findings of the IPSR Assembly Technology Working Group (TWG), starting with assembly related design needs andincluding assembly processes (e.g., semiconductor wafer backgrinding, wafer singulation, die attach processes, etc.)
You can the find slides here.
Presenters: Anu Agarwal (MIT) and Ben Miller (U Rochester)
This talk will present a progress report on the development of a roadmap for Integrated Photonic Sensors Manufacturing.
Presenter: William Green (IBM)
This talk will review the development and performance of a cost-eflective silicon photonic trace gas sensing platform, which leverages silicon photonic waveguide and packaging technologies to perform on-chip evanescent field spectroscopy of methane.