We do not currently have an open call.
AIM Photonics Academy works closely with academic and industrial partners to create leading-edge teaching and learning materials, customized on-site training and targeted workforce training workshops, timely industrial internship opportunities, and novel collaborations between industry and government programs.
To meet these manifold goals, an AIM Photonics Academy call for proposal supports the objectives of enhancing integrated photonics education, workforce development and manufacturing growth in the field of integrated photonics.
- Call for proposals released, April 2, 2018
- White papers due, May 15, 2018
- Full proposals due, June 15, 2018
- AIM Leadership Council review, September 6, 2018
- AIM Academy Advisory Council review, September 20, 2018
- AIM Leadership Council vote, November 15, 2018
- Project Award Agreement (PAA) initiation and award, November 19 through December 31, 2018
How AIM Academy proposals are solicited, evaluated and awarded:
- Based on the AIM Academy strategic plan, AIM Academy staff defines what programs and materials it solicits in the April 2, 2018 call for proposals.
- AIM Academy advertises the call in April through the AIM Photonics and AIM Academy web sites, mailing lists and social media channels.
- In May and June, AIM Academy provides initial feedback to proposers.
- Once that feedback has been incorporated into the proposals, in July AIM Academy executive Lionel Kimerling presents the proposals to the AIM Academy Advisory Council, which is made up of independent experts as well as AIM Photonics Massachusetts and Department of Defense sponsors.
- Once Advisory Council feedback has been incorporated into the proposals, the AIM Academy Leadership Council evaluates the proposals in September and provides feedback. No one from AIM Academy has a vote on the Leadership Council.
- The Leadership Council reviews the revised proposals again in November, when it makes funding decisions.
- In November and December, the PAAs are negotiated with SUNY Polytechnic Institute and signed. Only AIM Photonics member companies and institutions are eligible for awards.
Download the AIM Photonics and AIM Photonics Academy's Call for Proposals.