SUMMARY: This position is Sr optical Engineer with strong optical component design ability. He/She will be needed to support all areas of R&D/Engineering including process development, material and Quality in maintaining a consistent flow of product to stated requirements. Responsibilities cover the spectrum from external part fabrication through final product packaging.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Characterize fiber laser components and systems..
Conduct reliability testing and qualification of high power fiber laser components and systems.
Perform optical tests and measurements, using equipment such as optical spectrum analyzers (OSAs), oscilloscopes, power meters, M2 test set and beam profilers.
Conduct technical interactions with optical/electrical/mechanical component vendors.
Interact and work closely with other cross functional team.
Design and conduct experiments and perform detailed data analysis.
Develop and maintain detailed engineering documentation such as qualification plans, validation reports, component specifications/drawings,
Perform hands on troubleshooting of fiber lasers and optical components
Provide optical engineering Support theoretical and practical to other Engineering discipline.
10. Evaluate new product designs, design changes from DFM/DFA, and cost impacts
11. Develop and design tooling and fixturing for product build/test/handling
12. Develop system and sub-system optical models to enable performance validation and design optimization Internally, a close working relationship with all levels of personnel from all departments is necessary
13. The ability to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously with good control and completion
14. Maintaining completeness on projects with very aggressive schedules
15. Maintaining in-depth knowledge across wide spectrum of fiber laser manufacturing and fabrication fields
16. Ability to transfer product and technologies to Manufacturing environment technologies
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Concurrent Engineering/Physicist background
· Strong Fiber optic systems design and validation.
· Strong in optical spectral characterizations of high power fiber lasers
· Good knowledge to develop an effective design of experiments
· Strong trouble shooting skills
Strong Optical and electro/mechanical experience, laser background preferred
Knowledge and hands on experience in the area of high power fiber optic components,
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Master degree or equivalent advance in the field of optics equivalent with 2-4 years’ experience as optical engineer with at least 2 years in high power components
· Knowledge of high power fiber lasers, optics, optical alignment, and assembly techniques is also a plus
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to present concepts and ideas in a clear and coherent manner both orally and in writing.
Strong organizational skills with superior attention to detail.
Enthusiastic with willingness to learn and share ideas.
Desire to work in a dynamic and fast paced manufacturing environment and adapt to change.
Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently.