Photonic Test Engineer I
Precision Integrated Photonics, a subsidiary of Precision Optical Transceivers, is a dynamic, fast-growing startup in Rochester, NY looking for talented engineers to join our team. We are a research and development team focusing on silicon photonics and its applications in the military and commercial space.
This full time position will support our silicon photonics team with a variety of engineering support tasks. The person in this role will assist the engineering staff in setting up and maintaining the test lab as well as performing, analyzing and reporting on engineering test activities.
- B.S. and/or M.S. in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Knowledge proficiency in photonic link and transport systems, subsystems, and components.
- Knowledge proficiency in test automation.
- Self-driven individual capable of working in fast-paced research and development environment.
- Interest and/or working proficiency in electrical PCB layout and fabrication a plus.
- Please be aware some of our positions may require the ability to access ITAR information, which can only be made available to “U.S. persons”.
- Execution and ownership of a photonic test laboratory.
- Justified selection of all optical test equipment and tools necessary to execute setup and continued operation of test laboratory.
- Responsible for test plan documentation and execution related to photonic subsystems designed by technical team.
- Responsible for test result documentation accountable to test plan drafts.
- Responsible for analysis of test results.
- Takes direction from Principal Systems Engineer and Director of Engineering.
- Works closely with Principal Systems Engineer and Principal Photonics Engineer to understand test requirements of optical subsystems.
You can apply to the position here.