The Applications Engineer is the customer-facing engineer for demos, system buyoffs, and system/ process development. Customer interactions include pre-sales support, machine configuration during demos and buyoffs, and post-sales support.
- Pre-sales support to ensure the right machine and configuration for the application
- Tooling design during demos including pickup tools, fixturing, and epoxy and dispense needle selection.
- Demos at tradeshows
- Conducting system demos either with the customer present or by building parts and returning finished parts with a detailed report.
- New machine setup and calibration before customer buyoffs
- Execution of customer buyoffs including installation and training
- Post-sales process and system support
- Formal training courses
- Contributions to the system manuals and other forms of documentation
- Collection and feedback of opportunities for hardware and software improvements
- Successful candidates should have 1-3 years of process experience in the field of microelectronics.
- Candidates should be able to perform in a successful private company environment where each contributor takes on new tasks regularly.
- Applications engineers work regularly with all departments in the organization.
- Travel domestically and internationally is expected.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org